News / Changelog¶
The Postorius Django app provides a web user interface to access GNU Mailman.
Postorius is free software: you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation, version 3 of the License.
Postorius is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU Lesser General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU Lesser General Public License along with Postorius. If not, see <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/>.
(2019-XX-XX) * Fix a string substitution bug which would cause un-substituted raw string to
be exposed as notification to admin. (Closes #327)
- Add support for
FILTER_VHOSToption to filter MalingLists based on
HOSTheader of incoming request. (Closes #330)
- List Summary page now renders List info as markdown. (Closes #244)
- Moderation action for held message’s sender can now be set from held message’s view.(Closes #127)
- Add a ‘Ban’ button to list of subscription requests to help administrators against spams. (Closes #339)
- Add support for
explicit_header_onlyin list settings. (See !369)
max_num_recipientsin list settings. (Closes #297)
- Add support for Non-member management in Postorius. (Closes #265)
- Members tab in Mailing List settings page is now called Users. (Closes #309)
- Show pending subscription requests are only pending for Moderator. (Closes #314)
- Add support for Python 3.7 with Django 2.0+
- Index page only shows related lists for signed-in users with option to filter based on role.
- Expose respond_to_post_requests in Postorius. (Closes #223)
- A Django migration was missing from version 1.2.0. This is now added.
- Postorius now runs only on Python 3.4+ and supports Django 1.8 and 1.11+
- Added the ability to set and edit
- List Create form now allows selecting the
styleis how a new mailing list is configured.
- Minimum supported Mailman Core version is now 3.2.0. This is because the
stylesattribute for MailingList resource is exposed in 3.2, which contains all the default
stylessupported by Core and their human readable description.
- Account subscription page now lists all the memberships with their respective roles. This avoids repeated API calls for the way data was displayed before. (Closes #205)
- Postorius now supports only Django 1.11+.
- Duplicate MailingList names doesn’t return a 500 error page and instead adds an error to the New MailingList form. (Fixes #237)
- Pending subscription requests page is now paginated. (See !298)
- Add owners/moderators form now allows specifying a Display Name, along with their email. (Fixes #254)
- Members views now show total number of members at the top. (See !315)
- Fixed a bug where GET on views that only expect a POST would cause 500 server errors instead of 405 method not allowed. (Fixes #185)
- Member preferences form can now be saved without having to change all the fields. (Fixes #178)
- Fixed a bug where the ‘Delete’ button to remove list owners didn’t work due to wrong URL being rendered in the templates. (Fixes #274)
- Require Explicit Destination is added to the Message Acceptance form. (Closes #277)
- Delete Domain page now shows some extra warning information about all the mailing lists that would be deleted after deleting the Domain. (See !250)
- Superusers can now view Mailman Core’s current version and REST API version being used under ‘System Information’ menu in the top navigation bar. (See !325)
- Fixed a bug where 500 error template wouldn’t render properly due to missing context variables in views that render that templates (See !334)
- Postorius now allows adding and editing templates for email headers, footers and some of the automatic responses sent out by Mailman. (See !327)
- Added a new
reset_passwordscommand that resets _all_ user’s passwords inside of Core. This password is different from the one Postorius maintains. The Postorius password is the one used for logging users in.
- Postorius now sets the ‘Display Name’ of the user in Core correctly. This fixes a security vulnerability where user’s display_name would be set as their Core’s password.
- Improved testing and internal bug fixes.
- Preserve formatting of Mailing List description in the summary view.
- Site’s Name isn’t capitalized anymore in the navigation bar.
- html5shiv and response.js libraries are now included, instead of loading from a CDN.
1.1.0 – “Welcome to This World”¶
- Added DMARC mitigation settings
- Switch to Allauth auth library
- Preference page improvements
- Moderation page improvements
- Django support up to Django 1.11
- Added form to edit header matches
- Domain edit form improvements
- All pipelines recognized in alter messages form
- Use django-mailman3 to share common code with HyperKitty
- Various bug fixes, code cleanup, and performance improvements
- Fix security issue
- Bug fix release
- Help texts Small visual alignment fix; removed unnecessary links to separate help pages.
- Import fix in fieldset_forms module (Django1.6 only)
1.0.0 – “Frizzle Fry”¶
- French translation. Provided by Guillaume Libersat
- Addedd an improved test harness using WebTest. Contributed by Aurélien Bompard.
- Show error message in login view. Contributed by Aurélien Bompard (LP: 1094829).
- Fix adding the a list owner on list creation. Contributed by Aurélien Bompard (LP: 1175967).
- Fix untranslatable template strings. Contributed by Sumana Harihareswara (LP: 1157947).
- Fix wrong labels in metrics template. Contributed by Sumana Harihareswara (LP: 1409033).
- URLs now contain the list-id instead of the fqdn_listname. Contributed by Abhilash Raj (LP: 1201150).
- Fix small bug moderator/owner forms on list members page. Contributed by Pranjal Yadav (LP: 1308219).
- Fix broken translation string on the login page. Contributed by Pranjal Yadav.
- Show held message details in a modal window. Contributed by Abhilash Raj (LP: 1004049).
- Rework of internal testing
- Mozilla Persona integration: switch from django-social-auto to django-browserid: Contributed by Abhilash Raj.
- Fix manage.py mmclient command for non-IPython shells. Contributed by Ankush Sharma (LP: 1428169).
- Added archiver options: Site-wide enabled archivers can not be enabled on a per-list basis through the web UI.
- Added functionality to choose or switch subscription addresses. Contributed by Abhilash Raj.
- Added subscription moderation, pre_verification/_confirmation.
- Several style changes.
1.0 beta 1 – “Year of the Parrot”¶
- fixed pip install (missing MANIFEST) (LP: 1307624). Contributed by Aurélien Bompard
- list owners: edit member preferences
- users: add multiple email addresses
- list info: show only subscribe or unsubscribe button. Contributed by Bhargav Golla
- remove members/owners/moderator. Contributed by Abhilash Raj
1.0 alpha 2 – “Is It Luck?”¶
- dev setup fix for Django 1.4 contributed by Rohan Jain
- missing csrf tokens in templates contributed by Richard Wackerbarth (LP: 996658)
- moderation: fixed typo in success message call
- installation documentation for Apache/mod_wsgi
- moved project files to separate branch
- show error message if connection to Mailman API fails
- added list members view
- added developer documentation
- added test helper utils
- all code now conform to PEP8
- themes: removed obsolete MAILMAN_THEME settings from templates, contexts, file structure; contributed by Richard Wackerbarth (LP: 1043258)
- added access control for list owners and moderators
- added a mailmanclient shell to use as a manage.py command (python manage.py mmclient)
- use “url from future” template tag in all templates. Contributed by Richard Wackerbarth.
- added “new user” form. Contributed by George Chatzisofroniou.
- added user subscription page
- added decorator to allow login via http basic auth (to allow non-browser clients to use API views)
- added api view for list index
- several changes regarding style and navigation structure
- updated to jQuery 1.8. Contributed by Richard Wackerbarth.
- added a favicon. Contributed by Richard Wackerbarth.
- renamed some menu items. Contributed by Richard Wackerbarth.
- changed static file inclusion. Contributed by Richard Wackerbarth.
- added delete domain feature.
- url conf refactoring. Contributed by Richard Wackerbarth.
- added user deletion feature. Contributed by Varun Sharma.
1.0 alpha 1 – “Space Farm”¶
Many thanks go out to Anna Senarclens de Grancy and Benedict Stein for developing the initial versions of this Django app during the Google Summer of Code 2010 and 2011.
- add/remove/edit mailing lists
- edit list settings
- show all mailing lists on server
- subscribe/unsubscribe/mass subscribe mailing lists
- add/remove domains
- show basic list info and metrics
- login using django user account or using BrowserID
- show basic user profile
- accept/discard/reject/defer messages
- Implementation of Django Messages contributed by Benedict Stein (LP: #920084)
- Dependency check in setup.py contributed by Daniel Mizyrycki
- Proper processing of acceptable aliases in list settings form contributed by Daniel Mizyrycki